Sunday, April 17, 2011

Taylor Lautner Talks Fame, Free Time Post-'Twilight'

'Abduction' star says loss of privacy 'comes with the territory.'
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


Taylor Lautner
Photo: MTV News

Taylor Lautner is one of the most recognizable faces in Hollywood. The 19-year-old rose to international fame playing the sexy (and often shirtless) werewolf Jacob Black in "Twilight."

Now, he's ready to expand his résumé with the action flick "Abduction." When MTV News spoke to the rising action star during Wednesday's "MTV First: Taylor Lautner," he admitted that while sometimes all the press attention is exhausting, it's worth having his private life be public in exchange for his A-list movie-star status.

"Obviously there's the loss of privacy and the paparazzi and the media. It comes with the territory, and I know that, and I wouldn't trade it. It just comes with it. But I'm so thankful for everything, I'll take that stuff," he explained.

With filming about to wrap up on "Breaking Dawn," the last flicks in the "Twilight" franchise, Lautner knows he's going to have some free time on his hands and said the thought of it is a bit daunting.

"To be honest, I'm pretty scared because whenever I finish filming a movie and I go home and just have time to relax, I wake up and I'm like, 'What am I going to do today?' " he explained. "It's so weird not having to wake up at 5 a.m., go to work, come back. It's a weird feeling, so I'm excited but also a little nervous. I might go a little crazy. Got to start getting into that art and stamp collecting," he joked.

Check out everything we've got on "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.

Related Videos Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1662019/taylor-lautner-twilight.jhtml

Charisma Carpenter Charli Baltimore Charlies Angels Charlize Theron Chelsea Handler

No comments:

Post a Comment