Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ke$ha Works On Her 'Psychic Abilities'

Singer tells Seventeen about touring with spiritual healer: 'We center our chakras before every show.'
By Jocelyn Vena


Ke$ha on the November cover of <i>Seventeen</i>
Photo: Hearst Communication, Inc.

Ke$ha is a party monster who sings about cute boys and dancing the night away. She regularly paints herself in body glitter and is about as outspoken as they come, so it might come as a surprise to her fans that the "Tik Tok" singer brings a spiritual healer with her when she hits the road.

"I have a spiritual healer on tour with me, and we center our chakras before every show," the Seventeen magazine November cover girl reveals. "We meditate and try to hone in on my psychic abilities, and go to acupuncture, and eat super organic."

But, as she promises in so many of her tunes off Animal, she is also a big-time party girl. "I could party in a cardboard box with people who are funny and don't care," she explains. "For me, it's really about who I surround myself with, so I just try to always be with hilarious people."

And even though she has topped the charts with rollicking party anthems, there are still those who criticize the singer.

"I accidentally read a review, and it was really positive, but at the end it said, 'We don't really know if she has the best voice,' which is bullsh--!" she says. "That's the one thing I'm most confident about. I don't have the best body in the world, but I know for a fact that I have a really good voice.

"It really bummed me out that somebody didn't see that, and then I got upset. But it just made me realize that this is an unveiling process; it's just going to take time. I'm just proving myself to people."

As much as she is known for her songs, she is also known for her interesting fashion choices, which include body paint, feathers, fur, boots and just about anything you might find in a gypsy's suitcase.

"I just like playing with makeup and clothes — so I really don't feel like there are rules, and if there are rules, then I think it's up to you to break them," she says. "That's why I'm wearing blue lipstick right now, because most people would probably say it's not a good color for your lips, but I'm here to show them that it is.

"I love wearing the exact same thing all the time because I think it makes you like a cartoon character," she confesses. "They always wear the same outfit, and everybody always remembers them for it, so I feel like I should do the same thing."

Are you surprised to hear about Ke$ha's spiritual side? Tell us in the comments!

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1649896/20101013/kesha_.jhtml

Samantha Morton Samantha Mumba Sanaa Lathan Sara Foster Sara Spraker

No comments:

Post a Comment