Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ke$ha Talks VMA Garbage Bag Ensemble, Lady Gaga's Meat Suit

'It was amazing. I got to wear a garbage bag on national TV,' singer says.
By Kyle Anderson, with reporting by Kara Warner


Ke$ha
Photo: Jason LaVeris/ FilmMagic

Even if they didn't walk away with Moonmen, just about everybody who attended the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards exited the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles a winner. Taylor Swift started some buzz with new music, and Paramore's Hayley Williams finally got to do a live tag-team with B.o.B. Another winner in spirit? Ke$ha, whose first visit to the VMAs was a positive one.

"It was amazing. I got to wear a garbage bag on national TV," Ke$ha gushed on the red carpet at the premiere of the second season for the HBO show "Eastbound and Down." "It was fun. It was good. And I got nominated for four, and it was a dream come true just to be there."

The 23-year-old singer, who did indeed wear a dress made from garbage bags, was impressed with the level of fashion experimentation at this year's show. "It was fun. I think everybody was having fun with it," she said. However, she is not entirely sure she would be able to take the steps that Lady Gaga did with her head-turning meat-based ensemble. "I don't know if I could actually put raw meat on me," she admitted.

With the VMAs behind her, Ke$ha is working on a new album, but was mostly excited to get out and support her favorite show on television. "I don't watch TV, but this show I connect with on a really deep level," she said. "I kind of feel like I'm the female version of Danny McBride: Kind of white trash, just ready to party."

The Moonmen have all been handed out and the stars have gone home, but there's plenty of 2010 MTV Video Music Awards news, interviews, behind-the-scenes scoop, party reports and more still to come, so keep it locked on MTVNews.com.

Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1648057/20100917/kesha_.jhtml

Maria Sharapova Mariah Carey Mariah OBrien Marika Dominczyk Marisa Coughlan

No comments:

Post a Comment