Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ke$ha Is A 'Cannibal' On Her New Track

Singer plays a maneater on title track from Cannibal.
By Jocelyn Vena


Ke$ha
Photo: Jamie McCarthy/ WireImage

Ke$ha's forthcoming release Cannibal seems to have the singer on a similar path to the one she's been dancing down during her breakout 2010. In "We R Who We R," she tells her fans to let their freak flags fly. In "Sleazy," she critiques the techniques of a potential lover. And in the grimy, just-leaked title track, she sings about being a maneater.

"Cannibal" has grinding beats and dark synths, as well as a bit of yodeling. And in the lyrics, Ke$ha boasts about her maneater tendencies: "I'm gonna eat you, fool/ I eat boys up, breakfast and lunch/ Then when I'm thirsty, I drink their blood," she sings before the chorus, on which she screeches, "I am a cannibal."

The song opens with Ke$ha swearing that she has a sweet side: "I have a heart/ I swear I do," she sings. But it quickly gets bloodthirsty, and at one point, Ke$ha even drops a serial-killer reference: "Whenever you tell me I'm pretty/That's when the hunger really hits me/Your little heart goes pitter patter/I want your liver on a platter/Use your finger to stir my tea/And for dessert I'll suck your teeth/Be too sweet and you'll be a goner/Yeah, I'll pull a Jeffrey Dahmer."

"This year has been carnivorous and life-changing. I have my rowdy, gorgeous fans to thank for taking me on the ride of a lifetime," she said in a statement. "My only goal with this record is to keep them dancing. The songs on Cannibal were made to inspire people to ignore any hate or judgment and be themselves unapologetically. It's the perfect companion to Animal and I hope you guys like it. And if you don't like it — bite me."

What do you think of Ke$ha's new song? Let us know in the comments!

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651590/20101105/kesha_.jhtml

Hilarie Burton Hilary Duff Hilary Swank Isla Fisher Ivana Bozilovic

No comments:

Post a Comment