Monday, November 15, 2010

Ke$ha Gets 'Sleazy' On New Cannibal Track

'Tik Tok' singer trashes a rich guy on her new Bangladesh-produced song.
By Jocelyn Vena


Ke$ha
Photo: Kevin Mazur/ WireImage

Ke$ha doesn't need you or your brand-new Benz or your bougie friends, for that matter. She doesn't need love looking like diamonds. Why? It's sleazy.

At least that's what she's saying on her just-released track, "Sleazy," off her November 22 release, Cannibal. Bangladesh (whose credits include Beyoncé's "Diva" and "Video Phone," as well as tracks by Nelly, Gucci Mane and Ludacris) produced the track, which combines Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" swagga and J. Lo's "Love Don't Cost a Thing" attitude with a touch of Lil Wayne's "Milli" thrown in for good measure.

Ke$ha likes to party, and this song fits right in with her party-anthem discography. "I don't mean to critique on your seduction/ But your money's not impressing me/ It's kind of weak that you really think you're gonna get my rocks off/ Get my tops and socks off by showing me the dollars in your drop box," she sing-raps.

The song is three minutes and 25 seconds worth of club-banging glory thanks to a killer beat and funky sing-along lyrics (if you're not too shy) like, "Rat tat tat on your dumb dumb drum, the beat so fat gonna make me come, um um um, over to your place." Girl loves innuendo.

The song is the second new track from Ke$ha. Earlier this month she released "We R Who We R," an equally danceable tune from the same girl who brought the world hits like "Tik Tok" and "Your Love Is My Drug."

"I don't want to go away!" she said. "I feel like I'm creating this hopefully very youthful and irreverent movement of the kids, of, like, adolescence. I feel like the parents don't get it, but the kids get it. And they deserve to have more good, positive music. ... It's fun as sh--! So I wanted to give [my fans] that."

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651081/20101029/kesha_.jhtml

Vanessa Minnillo Vanessa Simmons Veronica Kay Veronika Vaeková Victoria Beckham

No comments:

Post a Comment