Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ke$ha Amps Up 'Tik Tok' For EMA Stage

Best New Act winner dons Day-Glo makeup for show, airing Sunday on MTV2.
By Jocelyn Vena


Ke$ha performs during the 2010 MTV Europe Music Awards on Sunday
Photo: Dave Benett/Getty Images

Cracking a joke about the now-infamous dollar sign in Ke$ha's name, 2010 MTV Europe Music Awards host Eva Longoria joked, "I'm not sure how you say her name in Euros." But as she assaulted the stage, it was clear the pop star wasn't joking at all.

For those who weren't keeping a tally, Ke$ha's performance did not lack enthusiasm or props. Lots of flashing lights: check. Bouncy balls and Day-Glo makeup: check, check. Lots of dancers that look like they grew up on Mars: That's another check.

Ke$ha stormed the EMA stage Sunday for a rendition of her hit song "Tik Tok" wearing a bedazzled leotard. She put a new spin on the song during its bridge, amping up the house-music vibe of the track. The performance came the same night she won the EMA for Best New Act.

Taking the stage to accept the award, the only one she was nominated for, Ke$ha expressed gratitude to fans for helping her beat out the likes of Justin Bieber, Jason Derülo and B.o.B.

"Oh my god! You guys, I'm gonna pee my pants!" she exclaimed, clutching the award.

"Thank you to my fans. My fans are badass," she continued. "I also want to thank my mom and my family, RCA, Dr. Luke and everyone who ever believed in me, but I could not have done this without my amazing, crazy, beautiful fans. Thank you so much. I make music for you, and hopefully I can inspire you guys to give the finger to the cynics and f---ing be yourself, so thank you so much."

The 2010 EMA show airs on MTV2 on Sunday (November 7) at 9 p.m. ET, and an edited, performance-heavy version will be broadcast Friday at 9 p.m. ET on MTV.

Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651708/20101107/kesha_.jhtml

Kim Kardashian Kim Smith Kim Yoon jin Kirsten Dunst Krista Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment