Sunday, November 14, 2010

Justin Bieber Wins Two EMA Awards

Singer, serving as show's digital host, accepted prizes for Best Male and Best Push Act via satellite.
By Jocelyn Vena


Justin Bieber (file)
Photo: Larry Busacca/ Getty Images

MADRID — Earlier in the night Justin Bieber lost Best New Act to Ke$ha at the 2010 MTV Europe Music Awards, but he certainly redeemed himself when he won the category of Best Male. He beat out vets like Eminem, his mentor Usher, Enrique Iglesias and Kanye West for the prize.

He accepted the award from "Hannah Montana" star Emily Osment via satellite since he was acting as the night's digital host. Wearing a black leather jacket and T-shirt, he told the crowd at the Caja Magica in Madrid, "This is amazing. I don't even know what to say. I think that all the other artists in the category are inspirations to me. I'm honored to win this. It's a big achievement."

And since Bieber wasn't there, they played the video for "Baby" — perhaps to remind everyone why he won the award. Bieber also won the award for Best Push Artist.

Earlier this year, Bieber won the Best New Artist VMA. "Wow," the teen sensation gasped after making his way to the stage back in September. Bieber said that as a young kid from Canada, he was surprised by the honor, saying, "This means a lot to me." The teen star shouted out music industry execs, showed respect to his "big bro" ("Thank you to Usher for being my mentor") and, of course, his fans: "Thank you to everybody here."

When Ke$ha took the stage for her Best New Act award during the EMA show earlier on Sunday, she expressed her gratitude to the fans for helping her beat out the likes of Bieber, Jason Derülo and B.o.B. "Oh my god! You guys, I'm gonna pee my pants!" she said, clutching her award. "Thank you to my fans. My fans are badass. I also want to thank my mom and my family, RCA, Dr. Luke and everyone who ever believed in me, but I could not have done this without my amazing, crazy, beautiful fans. Thank you so much. I make music for you and hopefully I can inspire you guys to give the finger to the cynics and f---ing be yourself, so thank you so much."

Related Videos Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651705/20101107/bieber_justin.jhtml

Camilla Belle Carla Campbell Carla Gugino Carmen Electra Carol Grow

No comments:

Post a Comment