Friday, November 12, 2010

Justin Bieber Speaks Out About Bullying

'Everybody goes through bullying. Everybody has, even me,' Bieber says on 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show.'
By Jocelyn Vena


Justin Bieber on the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Wednesday
Photo: ABC

It was rumored last month that Justin Bieber would speak out against bullying after an incident at a laser tag game, and during an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" airing on Wednesday (November 3), the teen pop star talked about being bullied since his meteoric rise to fame.

"Everybody goes through bullying. Everybody has, even me. On my YouTube page, there are so many haters. They just say crazy stuff. Like, I'm not mad, I'm 16 and I don't have chest hair. I'm not angry about it at the moment. That will come," he explained. "People are like, 'Look at him, he puts helium in his voice before he sings.' You just have to laugh at yourself. It's funny."

Bieber also has a message for anyone who might see bullying going on around them. "There are so many bullies. It goes on so much," he added. "I think that you should ... especially if you are a bystander, you definitely should help out because it could be you next."

DeGeneres then shifted the mood, inquiring about his dating life. "It happens," he teased. "I like to hang out with girls and date and stuff like every other 16-year-old."

Bieber recalled one recent date he had with a very famous friend of his. "It was weird. No one bothered me at all," Justin said, explaining that he recently attended a football game with Jaden and Will Smith, and Selena Gomez just happened to be there too. "We were at a high school game and [Selena] came too. It was the weirdest thing. She's sweet. She's a sweetheart."

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651396/20101103/bieber_justin.jhtml

Kelly Clarkson Kelly Hu Kelly Monaco Kelly Ripa Kelly Rowland

No comments:

Post a Comment