Monday, November 1, 2010

Diddy-Dirty Money Get Introspective On 'Coming Home'

Breezy new track from Last Train to Paris finds Diddy taking a long look at his life and career.
By Jayson Rodriguez


Diddy (file)
Photo: Getty Images

Diddy's been around the block in his career, but the Bad Boy Records CEO is "coming home." Diddy-Dirty Money premiered their new track "Coming Home" before Game 4 of the World Series on Sunday night.

The song is the latest single from Diddy's forthcoming Last Train to Paris. Produced by Alex Da Kid ("Airplanes," "Love the Way You Lie," "Massive Attack") and co-produced by Jay-Z, "Coming Home" finds Diddy doing some soul-searching in his rhymes as the chorus echoes his need for salvation.

"What am I supposed to do when the club lights come on?" Diddy raps over breezy production. "It's easy to be Puff, but it's harder to be Sean/ What if my twins ask why I ain't marry their mom?/ Damn, how do I respond?/ What if my son stares with a face like my own/ And says he wants to be like me when he's grown?/ Sh--, but I ain't finish growing."

"Let the rain wash away/ All the pain of yesterday," groupmates Dawn Richard and Kalenna sing on the hook. "I know my kingdom awaits/ And they've forgiven my mistakes/ I'm coming home, coming home/ Tell the world I'm coming home."

Although the track is tinged with autobiographical tidbits, last year Diddy told MTV News that Last Train to Paris is a conceptual love story narrated by his character.

"One of the things we're trying to represent is emotion," Diddy explained. "Not being afraid to show emotion on record. A lot of records out right now — no disrespect to them, but they're all surface. It's about what people have or a dance. All our records are gonna be about love, feelings and emotion. Last Train to Paris is a love story and the most vulnerable album I've ever been involved in. It's raw emotion — you get a feeling, a vibe."

What do you think of Diddy showing his sensitive side on "Coming Home"? Tell us in the comments!

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651243/20101101/puff_daddy.jhtml

Charli Baltimore Charlies Angels Charlize Theron Chelsea Handler Cheryl Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment