Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Christina Aguilera And Cher Go 'Toe-To-Toe' In 'Burlesque'

'I really believe that she's got definite chops,' Cher tells MTV News of Xtina.
By Jocelyn Vena


Cher
Photo: Emmanuel Dunand/ Getty Images

Cher is about to school Christina Aguilera in the art of being a superstar in their splashy new musical "Burlesque." In fact, starring alongside Cher has taught Aguilera to amp up her dancing game. And Cher said her character ends up owing a lot to Aguilera's in the flick, out later this month.

"I own this club, and we're not doing well even though it's a fabulous place because of the economy, and Christina comes out of nowhere," Cher told MTV News on Monday night at the Glamour Women of the Year event. "[She's] this little girl that just bothers me. All she does is keep and needling me, needling me, and then I make a decision to kind of step aside and make her into this star."

The Oscar-winning actress also wants everyone to know that, although Aguilera is new to the world of acting, she really can dish it out with the best of them. "The scenes that she and I had together, I really enjoyed, and I really believe that she's got definite chops," she said. "We worked well together. I enjoyed all of it, and she was toe-to-toe with me the whole time. But everybody's good. Stanley Tucci's in it and Peter Gallagher and Kristen Bell and Julianne Hough, and so everyone's really good in it."

Someone who is also singing Aguilera's praises is Robin Antin, Pussycat Dolls mastermind and sister of the film's director, Steven Antin. "She's doing really well," Robin said. "She's very talented, and it's great when you have a director like my brother, Steve. ... He truly is one of the best directors. That's what a good director is: It's to get your actress, whether they've had experience or not, to be great.

"It's a great opportunity for her, and she's really talented, obviously," she continued. "She came and was a guest in the Pussycat Dolls, and that's how that really happened; that's how my brother met Christina. ... I think the movie's going to be very cool."

Check out everything we've got on "Burlesque."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651898/20101109/aguilera_christina.jhtml

Roselyn Sanchez Rozonda Thomas Saira Mohan Salma Hayek Samaire Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment